Penang Brigde International Marathon 08

MY FIRST MARATHON (42k)

Date : 16 november 08, Sunday
Place :Queensbay Mall , Penang Island
Time : 3.00am
Distance : 42km
Category : Men Open Marathon
Medals : Finisher

Bib No : A 0380
My target : Top 100 / sub 4.00 hours
Result : 97th
Time : 5'19'31

so excited coz dis is my first 42k marathon & penang bridge run Starting at the front line along the Kenyan s..

05k- was perfect,
10k- 43m excellent time for me
20k- 1h 35m felt confident can achieve sub-4h
so try to increase my speed.
22.7k- 1h44m started to feel heat & pain at my knee & ankle, trying to maintain my pace, push harder.
25k- slowing down and finally had a terrible cramp and sit down. medical team came to me gave treatment for almost 30min advised me to withdraw from the race , ignore them and continue running.
27 k- I know its all over for me to achieve sub 4h , cramp rapidly attack me and I have to slow down & walk
35k - barely could only walk
42k - run like a handicap towards the finishing line with the timing of 5’19’31

Running a marathon is not so easy and not very hard.All u need is enough mileage training and proper preparations.!

No comments: